Northwestern Michigan College Presidential Scholarship
Northwestern Michigan College’s “Emphasis on Excellence” begins with the identification of area high school seniors who have demonstrated high academic achievement.
Eligibility and Procedures:
1. Must be a graduating senior from the service area* planning to attend NMC who has earned a cumulative grade point average of 3.8 or better.
2. Must become a full-time student at NMC (12 or more credits per semester) commencing with the Fall 2021 semester and for each semester thereafter.
3. The Presidential Scholarship of up to $ 2,000 per year will be divided equally between the fall and spring academic semesters. The scholarship applies to the academic year immediately following the year the student graduates from high school.
4. Submitting a reference letter from your high school principal or counselor is required. The application period has been extended and is now due MAY 1. If including a reference letter in your application, it is recommended that you contact your principal to make them aware that the email request has been sent.
5. The scholarship is renewable for the second year of study at NMC if the recipient maintains a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or better by the end of their first year, and earns at least 24 semester credits. Returning students are only asked to submit the General Application in order to be considered.
6. Scholarship funds must be used for educational expenses pursuant to an education at NMC. If a Presidential Scholar is eligible for other tuition-restricted awards, those awards will be applied first. The Presidential Scholarship can be used to meet the remaining cost of attendance.
7. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and is not need-based. Former dual enrolled student are eligible.
*Service Area = Antrim, Benzie, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, and Wexford counties