Northwestern Michigan College Global Opportunity Scholarship
The Global Opportunities Fund was established by Timothy J. Nelson and Nancy Johnson in celebration of NMC’s sixtieth anniversary and President Nelson’s tenth anniversary as President of NMC. This scholarship is for study aboard trips taking place in the summer of 2023.
The goal of the Fund is to provide opportunities for NMC faculty, students, and staff to:
• Engage in collaborative projects with international partners
• Exchange information, knowledge and/or technologies with countries around the world
• Enhance learning of World Languages
• Develop competencies to communicate across different cultures
The purpose of the fund is to provide financial assistance up to and not exceeding $1000 or 50% of the total cost of the student contribution to an intercultural learning experience.
*Those students receiving the scholarship must agree, upon their return, to provide a learning experience for fellow students, and/or faculty and staff who may be interested in future participation. This may be in the form of an individual or group presentation, meeting with students via classes or clubs, or serving on a designated intercultural learning committee.
- Supplemental Questions
- Which study abroad trip will you be attending?