Rotary Club of Elk Rapids Scholarship
Three $2,500 scholarships available to current ERHS Seniors or recent graduates who attend Northwestern Michigan College.
1. Candidate must be a current senior at Elk Rapids Public Schools (either ERHS or Sunrise Academy) or have graduated within the past 3 yrs. and attending Northwestern Michigan College.
2. Candidate must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at ERHS and or NMC.
3. Two written letters of recommendation must accompany the scholarship request application.
4. The completed application and recommendation letters need to be postmarked no later than April 22, 2023 and mailed to:
Rotary Club of Elk Rapids
P.O. Box 814
Elk Rapids, MI 49629
Attn: Scholarship Committee
Or e-mail Sherry Steffen, Scholarship Chairperson at email@example.com
Review and Announcement Procedure:
1. A committee made up of members from The Rotary Club of Elk Rapids will review the applications and select candidates for an interview.
2. Applicants will remain informed of the status of their application via phone, e-mail, or US Mail.
3. All interviewees will be made aware of the results by mid-May.
4. Announcement of the recipients will take place via Rotary Club meeting, local newspaper, Rotary Facebook page, Rotary website and ERHS Senior Academic Honors Awards Night.
5. Recipients will be invited to a Club meeting for recognition.
6. The scholarship award check will be mailed to Northwestern Michigan College for benefit of the recipient students.
Note: The Scholarship funds can be applied over both semesters in year awarded if the recipient continues to meet the GPA requirements noted above.